Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Encounter With A Liberal: The Refounding Father's Conclusion

My Fellow Americans,

I hope you have enjoyed reading about my conversations with various liberals over the past few days.  I know I have.  It's really been enlightening.  It's allowed me to get a firm grasp on various different points of view within the liberal context.

However, it has also left me rather worried.  If those in Washington share even one-quarter of the views with the people I have had discussions with over the past few days, that doesn't bode well for our country.  The liberal point of view is very misguided.

My hope is, as the Tea Party movement continues to grow, more liberal Americans begin to wake up.  All we can do now is keep standing up -- keep going strong.  Call your representatives.  Voice your displeasure with the current administration.  Read.  Learn.  Inform others.  That's what we need to continue to do.

I always love searching for quotes that convey my message on a particular subject.  Today, I think I found a great one:

“If you're a liberal, anything you say is protected. If you're a conservative, anything you say is hateful.”

This quote comes to us from Laura Schlessinger (photo: Wikipedia).  Schlessinger is "an American talk radio host, socially conservative commentator and author. Her call-in radio program features her short monologues on social and political topics..." (source: Wikipedia).

I thought this quote summed up my experience this week rather well.  The article I posted on Blogcritics.org about John Wanamaker was written to show you what a great man is capable of.  It was to give an example of how, when done right, capitalism is not evil -- how the rich are not evil.

Yet, when people are not able to argue their point effectively, they attack.  They criticize.  They degrade you.  That was my experience with our liberal friends.  They could not explain to me why their argument was better or how it would better the country's situation.  They just attacked me.  They attacked other conservative bloggers.

I understand that not everybody is blessed with the ability to speak or write eloquently (and no liberals, I'm not saying I can).  However, argue facts at least.  Give me the facts.  Don't just attack me or make hasty generalizations.  Make your argument and use facts you researched to back it up.

We see this every day though.  Keith Olbermann from MSNBC attacks Glenn Beck (probably because his ratings are atrocious).  The Obama administration attacks the FOX New Channel.  Notice that in these attacks -- the liberal point of view was not argued.  The opposition (in this case conservatives) was attacked and smeared.  Then again, that is what Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" says to do, right?

It's just frustrating at the end of the day.  Since starting this blog, I have done my research.  I watch and read information from many networks.  I read history books -- real history books.  I do my homework.  But, people attack me -- as they attack Glenn and FOX.  Nobody thinks the facts are important -- they just attack.

Don't be afraid, though, America.  Don't back down.  Don't stop.  If people don't agree with you after you argue your point (backed by facts and research), move on.  As I said beforeI will not continue to cast my conservative pearls before liberal swine.  It's not worth it.  I will speak with those that will have a rational debate with me, not just attack me in the guise of arguing their point.

I won't do it.  And neither should you.

Chin up, America.  The year 2010 is upon us. 

And I smell a Conservative victory.

(U.S. Flag photo: Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment