Saturday, November 28, 2009

Book Recommendations for the 2009 Holiday Season

My Fellow Americans,

I wanted to provide you with 2 book recommendations that I feel will help you learn, laugh, and even cry this Christmas.  These books really are great reads and will allow you to escape from your responsibilities for a short time while you prepare for the holidays.

Recommendation #1: The Christmas Sweater, by Glenn Beck.


I read this book last Christmas and I got through it in 2 to 3 days.  If I had time, I would have probably finished it in a day.  It was that good.  Beck really does a great job of capturing the spirit of Christmas.  And if you ever watch his show, you know he is a great story teller.  This book is no exception that fact.  It definitely will leave a little misty-eyed at moments.






Recommendation #2: Outliers, by Malcom Gladwell.

I am in the process of reading this one at the moment, but it's so good after 2 chapters, that I must recommend it to all of you.  Plus, a friend of mine finished it and won't stop talking about it.  It is the story of how successful people became successful.  And, if my friend's review is any indication, it will leave you ready to commit to a much greater New Year's resolution that just losing the 10 pounds you gained eating all that turkey over the holidays.  You can read more about the book here.

Please go to your local library or shop online for used copies of these books.  Save yourself some money.  But, let me know what you think.  I will open up a discussion board on Facebook after the holidays if anybody wants to talk about these books.

Enjoy,

The Refounding Father

(Pictures are from Amazon.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment