Saturday, December 26, 2009

The B.S. that is Political Correctness

My Fellow Americans,

I'm tired. 

I'm tired of all the crap that I see unfolding everyday before my eyes in this country...in this world of ours.

As 2009 comes to a close, America has had a few more terrorist attacks attempted against it over the past year.  Fortunately, one was foiled on an airliner heading to Detroit this week.  But, another succeeded in killing 12 of those who fight for our freedom (Hassan pictured on left).

Those are some of the attacks we know about.  Those are some of the attacks we know have been planned against this country (Note: 28 attacks have been foiled since 9/11).

But, what about the others?  Let's not forget the missle-smuggling plot thwarted by the FBI in Philadelphia, PA.  Or the New York City terror cell that wanted to bomb synagogues in the Bronx.  Or the one that involved Colorado and NYC (Najibullah Zazi pictured below).

How long are we going to wait for another attack -- a much bigger attack -- to hit us?  How about an attack on the scale of 9/11 -- or worse?

For me, it comes down to P.C. -- Political Correctness.  I'm sick of it.  I'm sick of people messing with our national security because they are afraid of offending somebody in our overly litigious society.

I understand not wanting to get sued. 

However, I also understand the person who lost a loved one because some government agent was afraid to ask the Arab waiting in line at the airport to check his bag because he heard it ticking.

I'm sick of the b.s.  I'm tired of it.  We need to call a spade a spade.  If the Muslim extremist is Middle Eastern, Black, or White -- who cares?  I don't care about racial profiling.  If it's necessary, DO IT.

How many people have to die before we get over our fear of offending others?  These are people's lives we're talking about -- not picking the white guy over the black guy for an accounting position.

We need to get over ourselves.  We need to get thicker-skinned.  We need to ensure the safety of the American citizen.

And we can do that -- if we get rid of the b.s. and starting taking care of business.

(Photos: Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive