Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jesus & Merry Christmas To All!

My Fellow Americans,

My apologies for being out of touch the past few days.  I have been out of town for work and the holidays.  But, now I am back and ready to continue our quest for a better America.

Tonight, I would like to share the following quote with you:

"Instead of being a time of unusual behavior, Christmas is perhaps the only time in the year when people can obey their natural impulses and express their true sentiments without feeling self-conscious and, perhaps, foolish. Christmas, in short, is about the only chance a man has to be himself."


This quote is attributed to a gentleman by the name of Francis C. Farley.  I had a very difficult time trying to find information on Mr. Farley, so I apologize for not telling you more about him.

Nevertheless, I felt Mr. Farley's words were important to share on this most special of occasions. 

Christmas is the time of year we spend with those we love most.  It is a time of giving and of sharing.  It is a time of remembering why the Lord Jesus Christ was born to save us from our sins.

For me, there are sentiments that I wish to share with you tonight.  While I may come across as a person who likes to teach others about how the country should function, I am far from perfect.  I also lead far from a perfect life.

I have a family that I have issues with -- a great deal of issues.  These issues have prevented me from spending the last two Christmases with them.  I'm not going to sit here and say that I'm proud of it.  I'm not going to say it's something I would wish on my worst enemy (which, at times, are members of my own family).

I'm sharing this with you tonight, not because I want you to feel sorry for me or anything...or because I'm going to sit here and lecture you about not doing what I'm doing.  We do enough of that during the rest of year -- getting involved in other people's business.

My point here, on this most sacred and holy of nights, is to say: I get it.  If you're going through tough times with family or friends -- I understand.

But, know that I chose my situation -- as did the members of my family.  I chose not to put up with their B.S.  I won't get into the details, but it came time for me to take a stand in my own life.   And I have done that.  My issues with them are not resolved, hence my decision to spend Christmas elsewhere for the second consecutive year.

Mr. Farley said Christmas is a time to share your true sentiments -- that's what I'm doing with you tonight.  I have wanted to get this off my chest for quite some time.  I want you to know more about me.  So, I'm finally deciding to share my family situation with you.

Please keep my family and I in your prayers this Christmas -- as I will do with all of you.  I appreciate your time as always.

Stay safe and have a very Merry Christmas.  Enjoy your time with the people in your lives if you are so lucky to be in each other's good graces.

Merry Christmas,

The Refounding Father


(Photo Source: Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive