Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year 2010 From The Refounding Father!

My Fellow Americans,

I want to wish you a Happy New Year now in the event I don't get to post until after January 1st.  I will be out of town again and may not have a chance to write.

What better way to ring in the new year than with a quote?  This one comes from Fernanda Miramontes-Landeros.  Once again, I attempted to do research on a person and came up empty.  I apologize (it's very frustrating for me too).

"Give thanks for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow."

This saying could not be more applicable to my life this past year.  Like my friend Kyle I spoke of on Dec. 16, I was unhappy with my career path.  I had a few different jobs that I wasn't particular fond of.  I kept spinning my wheels in an attempt to find happiness at ANY job I could.


Fortunately, for me, patience and persistence paid off.  In April 2009, I started a job I love.  Not only do I love it for the work, but for the hours.  At previous employers, I was required to work anywhere from 50 to 70 hours a week.  A $45,000 to $50,000 salary doesn't seem like much coming out of college when you spread it over 60+ hours.

You need to understand something about me.  I don't want you to get the wrong idea about me regarding hours worked.  I appreciate the flexibility this job gives me because I'm only required to work 40 hours per week.  It allows me to pay the bills while I pursue my true passion: real estate investing.

My goal in the next few years is to dive into the real estate market head first as an investor.  Working 60+ hours a week (including weekends at times) doesn't lend itself to pursuing a passion or second career.  Now, I am able to learn as much as I can about my market.

So, for me, this New Year represents a true new beginning.  I'm on a path.  I'm thankful for that.  I thank God every day for this blessing -- that's exactly what this new job is to me -- a blessing.

At my old jobs, I would never have had the time for opportunities like this -- I would be entirely too busy.  With this new job, though, I am able to go after something that will greatly affect the rest of my life.  For many people, pursuing their dreams is just that -- a dream.

I'm thankful that with this job, my dream of becoming a successful real estate investor has a much greater chance of becoming a reality.

What are you thankful for going into 2010?

All the best to you in the new year,

The Refounding Father


(Photo: Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive